I wanted an easy veggie-packed pasta dish that would be gluten-free, plant-based, and still be soothing, warm, and comforting. So excited to share this quick and easy dish with you! This is my Best-Ever Savory Red Pasta made with garlic, mushrooms, artichokes, kalamata olives, spinach, and your choice of pasta (I recommend chickpea, brown rice, or stoneground whole wheat pasta).
This recipe takes under 20 minutes and is filled with flavor, totally nourishing, and perfect for when you need some major comfort food in your life. I also love it with zucchini noodles or carrot ribbons for evenings when I want a lighter meal and love that it's totally leftover-friendly. The flavor increases in depth as you let it set for a day or so.
If you're looking for more plant-based pasta inspiration for busy nights, try my 5-minute cashew kale pesto pasta, my drunken teriyaki noodle stir fry, or my 10-minute chickpea bolognese pasta. Enjoy!
- - 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil (optional)
- - 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- - 2 large handfuls cremini or oysteer mushrooms, sliced
- - 2 cups fresh spinach
- - 1 large handful kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- - 1 jar artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- - 1 handful shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- - 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce ( I used a Rao's Homemade)
- - about 4 cups of your favorite cooked chickpea, brown rice, or stonegound whole grain pasta
- - 1 jar of your favorite
- This recipe is super easy! Start by sauteeing the garlic and mushrooms in a medium saucepan for about 3-5 minutes, or until the mushrooms become slightly translucent. Add in the spinach and chopped kalamata olives, stirring until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Next, add in your favorite pasta sauce and stir the veggies in! Top it on your favorite pasta and you're good to go!