Vegan and Paleo Salted Tahini Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies! Yes, you heard me right! These are the easiest and most comforting things - slightly salty and wonderfully decadent. The chocolate and salt go unbelievably well with the natural fats and creaminess of the tahini and pecans. Try one and I guarantee you’ll be obsessed too!
Vegan and Paleo Salted Tahini Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup coconut oil softened
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Flax egg: mix 1 tablespoon flax meal + 2.5 tablespoons water and let gel for 10 minutes before using)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2¼ cups almond flour
- 1 cup paleo chocolate chips
- 1 cup halved raw pecans
- Flaky sea salt to sprinkle on top (optional)
How to cook Vegan and Paleo Salted Tahini Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350*F
- Mix together the coconut oil, tahini, and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the flax egg and vanilla and stir well until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients (almond flour, salt, and baking soda) together in a small bowl, then stir them into the wet ingredients. Mix well, then stir in the chocolate chips. Set the dough in the fridge for at least an hour - doing this helps the dough stick together and helps the finished texture.
- Add the dough in dollups to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt on top if you like, then bake for about 10 or until just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Looking for more delicious dessert ideas?