You know those kind of “everything in the fridge” dinners? They always turn out the best! This easy weeknight vegan and gluten-free pasta dinner is the most delicious way to feed yourself when you feel like you have nothing in your kitchen. I travel a lot and this is often my situation when it comes time to cook. This pasta combination sounds a bit weird, but trust me - it’s insanely delicious. It’s plant-based, gluten-free, easy to make, and packed with color and texture. This is a cashew kale pesto with pasta, roasted sweet potato, avocado, roasted chickpeas, and microgreens. The avocado adds a buttery mouthfeel, the microgreens add freshness, the chickpeas bring some crunch, and the sweet potato adds some sweetness that balances out the tang of the pesto. Try it out! Pesto can be made fresh in a few minutes or stored frozen for a later date which is what I did here.
Everything In The Fridge Vegan Pasta
- 1/4 cup cashew kale pesto sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pasta of your choice (I like brown rice, chickpea, or stoneground wheat pasta)
- 1 handful sliced roasted sweet potatoes (coat in olive oil and roast at 400*F for 20 minutes)
- 1 small handful roasted chickpeas ( coat in olive oil and roast at 400*F for 20 minutes. I used the same pan for the chickpeas and sweet potato)
- 1/4 sliced ripe avocado
- 1 small handful fresh microgreens
- a dash of ground pepper
How to cook Everything In The Fridge Vegan Pasta
- Combine the pesto sauce and pasta, heat and stir, then top with the remaining ingredients and enjoy!