There’s honestly nothing better to pair with the crisp air than this easy keto, paleo, and dairy-free roasted butternut squash soup. It’s made with bone broth, but can also be done with veggie broth to make it vegan. I added the bone broth for extra protein and collagen, both of which have made a huge difference in my healthy.
The soup is also legume-free and dairy-free, but is so insanely creamy that you could eat the whole batch in one go. This dish is fantastic as a soup, but also makes a great “cheesy” sauce over pasta when you add a bit less broth. The veggies in it are roasted butternut squash, carrots, garlic, and onion. I added avocado and avocado oil to make it keto, but MCT oil also works! The carrots are full of natural Vitamin C which is said to help your body produce collagen. The squash is full of important vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to your health and adds a wonderful light sweetness to the soup.
This dish is one of the easiest and most delicious things things and I’m completely obsessed. Look out for this being in my kitchen on repeat all season long!
Keto and Paleo Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 large carrots, sliced into pieces
- 1 cubed butternut squash (about 2 lbs)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into large chunks
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond yogurt (or your favorite plant-based yogurt)
- 2 cups chicken bone broth (sub veggie broth to make it vegan)
- 1 tsp cumin
How to cook Keto and Paleo Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Set oven to 400*F.
- Coat the diced butternut, carrots, garlic, and onion in avocado oil, pepper, and sea salt. Spread them on a large baking sheet and bake for 20-15 minutes or until veggies become soft.
- Add the roast mixture with all the rest of the ingredients to a large blender and blend until smooth. Top with radish, tomato, plant yogurt, sliced avocado, and avocado oil. SO delicious and easy!
Looking for more amazing easy recipe ideas? Check these out: