Have you ever wanted to get your morning dose of caffeine, a serving of collagen-boosting plant botanicals, and a healthy breakfast in all at once? If so, this is the perfect recipe for you! This tasty green smoothie is also a perfect post-workout snack or anytime treat.
The vibrant green color of this vegan Tropical Matcha Collagen Boost Smoothie comes from antioxidant and chlorophyll-rich matcha green tea, which is found in our Matcha Vegan Collagen Boost Latte Blend, and from vitamin-rich baby spinach. The slightly earthy flavors of matcha and baby spinach perfectly balance the tart, tangy, and tropical fruit flavors of pineapple, mango, and banana. This Tropical Matcha Collagen Boost Smoothie has the perfect amount of sweetness to take your tastebuds right to paradise and power you through the rest of your day.
Matcha is a great source of energy, providing more caffeine than regular steeped green tea, but a little less than a cup of coffee. On average, one teaspoon of matcha provides about 70mg of caffeine. However, unlike coffee, matcha is rich in the amino acid L-Theanine, which has been shown to help delay the body’s absorption of caffeine, resulting in an increase in alertness, less anxiety or jitters, and less likelihood of the dreaded caffeine crash.*
So go ahead, grab your blender and treat yourself to this tasty tropical treat!
Tropical Matcha Collagen Smoothie
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 scoops Matcha Plant-Based Collagen Boost Blend
- 1 scoop plant based protein powder, if desired (we like Vega, Nuzest, or Garden of Life)
- 1 generous handful baby spinach
- ¼ cup frozen pineapple
- ¼ cup frozen mango
- ½ medium banana, frozen
- Add water to the blender first to prevent powders sticking to the bottom.
- Add Matcha Collagen Boost and vanilla protein, if desired.
- Add frozen fruit and handful of baby spinach.
- Top with almond milk, adding more to make the smoothie thinner or less to make it thicker.