Back in the kitchen and it feels SO good! Life is full of surprises and every moment has the potential to turn into something beautiful. I missed my flight, the last to SF, but wound up making my way to San Diego for an unexpected 36 hours with Alex❤️ You KNOW I went hard with my toast to celebrate.
Savory toasts are a fantastic and super easy way to mix up your breakfast routine or have a quick lunch on the move. I personally favor sourdough or paleo bread and love buying artisanal loaves from a local baker or Whole Foods, slicing them, and freezing them so they keep. Here are a few recipes to inspire you.
Savory Toast 2 ways:
1) Miso Kabocha Squash and Egg Toast
- 1 slice toasted paleo bread
- 1/2 cup roasted kabocha squash (I roast at 400*F with olive oil, salt, and pepper)
- 1/2 tsp miso paste
- 1 sunny side up egg
- sliced sage leaf
Mash the roasted kabocha and miso paste together, spread on the toast, then top with the egg, sliced fresh sage leaf, and some cracked pepper.
2) Sauteed Harvest Tomato Toast
- 1 slice paleo bread
- 1/2 tsp miso paste, spread on toasted bread
- 1 large handful halved cherry tomatoes, sautéed in salt, pepper, and a dash of olive oil for about 3 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to wilt.
Spread the miso paste onto the toast, then top with the sauteed tomatoes and cracked pepper on top.
Looking for more savory breakfast ideas? Check these recipes out: