If you are looking for a new cookie to make but don't want to use the oven, you've come to the perfect place. We have the perfect no-bake cacao calm cookies that taste delicious.
With hints of coconut because of the coconut oil and coconut flakes, they are the perfect spring and summer treat to have waiting around for you. If you want to add even more coconut, try coconut sugar as your sugar of choice for these no-bake cookies.
Everything else in the cookies like your favorite nut milk, rolled oats, or nut butter can be switched around for whatever you have laying around the house. Sometimes we also add in a handful of dark chocolate chunks if we want our no-bake cacao calm cookies to be even sweeter.
The real highlight of the cookies is its hidden beauty benefits. By adding in our cacao calm vegan collagen support blend into your recipe, you also are adding in ingredients that help support your body's natural collagen production and to help your body de-stress.* We love our cacao calm blend in our hot cocoas, coffees, and more for a beauty boost, but it also is great to add into baked goods because it has cacao in it.*
Now what makes cacao different from cocoa? Let's look. Cacao and cocoa begin their lives as the same plant, Theobroma cacao. All chocolate, in all its forms, comes from Theobroma cacao, which is native to South America (where Copina Co's Cacao comes from). The short answer about what distinguishes them is that cacao is processed with low heat and cocoa is processed with high heat. This process makes cacao the purest and most nutrient-dense form of chocolate you can consume containing over 300 different compounds that are essential to our overall health and well-being.*
Some of the benefits of cacao:
- Cacao is a natural source of the chemicals phenylethylamine (PEA) and anandamide, an adrenal-related chemical that our bodies naturally create when we are feeling excited. This chemical also helps us to also feel alert and focused. Our Cacao Calm Plant-Based Collagen powder makes a great morning drink to help start your day on the right foot.
- Cacao contains high amounts of antioxidants, particularly polyphenols, which have been linked to reducing inflammation and overall improved well-being.* It’s especially rich in flavanols which are said to have potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties in our bodies.*
If you liked this recipe, then you would love some of our other themed chocolate sweet treats!
- Cacao Calm Pancakes
- Strawberry and Chocolate Vegan Collagen Baked Oats
- Vegan Snicker Bites
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
- Collagen-Boost Chocolate Milk
No-Bake Cacao Calm Cookies
We love these no-bake cookies for the summer time when you want a sweet treat but don't want to turn on the oven at night.
1⁄2 cup coconut oil
1 1⁄2 cups sugar of choice
1⁄2 cup vegan milk of choice
1⁄4 cup Copina Co. Cacao Calm Vegan Collagen Support
1 3⁄4 cups rolled oats
1 3⁄4 cups coconut flakes
2⁄3 cups nut butter
Splash of vanilla
Pinch of salt
Combine coconut oil, sugar, Copina Co. Cacao Calm and milk in a saucepan over medium heat just until boiling, mixing constantly.
Remove from heat and add in oats, coconut flakes, nut butter, vanilla, and salt and mix until well combined.
Scoop about 1⁄4 cup for each cookie, shaping them into rounds.
Chill for at least 30 minutes.