All I have to say is: vegan pitaya ombre cheesecake bars inspired by @dani_nemeh. They’re as delicious as they are beautiful. You’re welcome :)
These desserts are a cashew and pitaya-based raw, gluten-free, and vegan and take all of a few minutes to throw together. They keep for a few weeks in a covered container in your freezer and are absolutely divine for anytime!
Looking for more amazing plant-based dessert ideas? Of course you are! Check out these 10-Ingredient Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Avocado Frosting, these Peanut Butter & Jelly Raw Chocolate Bonbons, and of course these Dreamy Chocolate Tahini Brownies.
RECIPE (serves 8)
- Crust ( you can either make it with the below ingredients or with 2 of your favorite plant-based protein bars such as Square Organics bars sliced in half and molded to the base of the container you're using)
- - 12 medjool dates, pitted
- - 3/4 cups nuts (you can really use any you have. I used a mix of almonds, pecans, and cashews)
- - 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- - 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- - 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- - a dash of sea salt
- - 1 cup soaked raw cashews (I put them in boiling water and let them sit covered for about 45 minutes)
- - 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- - 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- - 2-3 tablespoons of plant-based yogurt (cashew, almond, or coconut yogurt all work)
- - (optional) 1/2 teaspoon @foursigmatic beauty blend or use an adaptogen of your choice like reishi
- - 1 packet of your favorite frozen pitaya blend
- - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- - almond butter
- - coconut flakes
- Start by mixing the crust ingredients in a food processor, then molding to the base of a 6x9-inch glass container.
- To make the "cheesecake" layers, add all ingredients into a blender, but when you get to the pitaya, just put about 1 teaspoon in. Blend. Pour cheesecake mixture over crust. Put the rest of the pitaya mixture into the blender and blend for the darker pink layer. Pour over crust, spread & place in the freezer for about an hour, or until the cheesecake sets.
- Drizzle with some almond butter and coconut if you're feeling cool and enjoy!