Vegan Blueberry Collagen Boost Scones
How to make the healthiest and most delicious Vegan Blueberry Collagen Boost Scones. These vegan collagen boost scones are so simple to make, requiring just 30 minutes from start to finish and 6 ingredients to prepare. We never thought you could make scones at home without loads of butter and white flour, but here we are and we have to say we’re very impressed with the finished product (thanks for the inspo Sophia Rose from @wellnesswithsoph!).
Not only do they resemble a traditional scone with their crumbly texture and golden brown exterior but they’re way healthier for you and packed with beauty-boosting properties thanks to our Copina Co. Original Beauty Vegan Collagen Boost Blend. These scones are vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free making them the healthiest scones we think we have ever seen.
We can also most certainly promise your kitchen will smell heavenly and you’ll be wanting to make these every weekend. With that said, these scones are really a no-brainer, so incredibly cozy and indulgent but without any guilt, what’s not to love?
The Tastiest and Healthiest Vegan Blueberry Collagen Scones
Scones are a classic British snack usually served alongside an afternoon tea. They’re traditionally prepared with loads of butter and refined white flour which doesn’t make them the best treats for your skin and digestion. These Blueberry Collagen Scones are such a tasty and vegan alternative you won’t even taste the difference! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a late-night treat. They’re soft, baked to perfection, and filled with beauty and collagen-boosting properties for hair, skin, nail, and joint support you really can’t go wrong.*
The Addition of Original Beauty Plant-Based Collagen Boost Powder
Original Beauty is the perfect addition to these Vegan Collagen Boost Scones. It’s neutral and light flavor doesn’t mess with the indulgence of the scones but rather makes them even more flavorful and delicious. Get creative and try adding in Matcha Beauty or Cacao Calm too, we bet it would be just as delicious!
Original Beauty is formulated with herbalist-approved and vegan collagen-boosting botanicals, coconut, and hyaluronic acid that help to boost collagen production and promote skin hydration.* Original Beauty, just like all of our blends are always grain-free, paleo and keto-friendly, and vegan – because you shouldn’t have to consume animals when you’re trying to boost your skin and overall health.*
How to Serve Scones
Scones are best served fresh and hot out of the oven. We love them just as is but top them off with a drizzle of honey, a dollop of plant yogurt, or some coconut butter and you’ll be in heaven.
Fun tip: Slice the scones down the middle and put in the toaster for a few minutes and then slather in coconut butter. You won’t regret this!
How to Keep and Freeze Scones
Homemade scones are best eaten on the day they were baked. However, if there are leftovers you can keep them in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
You can also freeze scones if needed. Before serving thaw completely or at least overnight. Then reheat in the oven for 5-10 minutes at no more than 300℉ just to slightly warm them throughout without over-browning the exterior.
Ingredients Needed to Make Vegan Blueberry Collagen Scones
- 1 cup of oat flour: For a gluten-free white flour alternative.
- ¼ cup Copina Co. Original Beauty Plant-Based Collagen Boost Blend: For a vegan collagen boost for hair, skin, nail, and joint support.*
- ¾ cup almond flour: A great gluten-free flour alternative.
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (needs to be thick): Takes the place of butter or oil and gives these scones their rich and moist texture.
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder: To help the scones slightly rise while they bake in the oven
- ⅓ - ½ cup coconut sugar: We used coconut sugar for a healthier option but you can use whichever form of sugar you have on hand such as cane, white, or brown sugar.
- Any add-ins you want: We used frozen blueberries but you could substitute blueberries for any other type of fruit like blackberries or strawberries, or even add in chocolate chips too - get creative!
How to Make Vegan Blueberry Collagen Boost Scones
First, preheat your oven to 400℉. If using a baking sheet line with parchment paper or spray with nonstick.
Mix together the oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, Original Beauty, and coconut sugar. Add in coconut milk and stir until dough forms. We recommend using a food processor or electric hand mixer to combine the ingredients.
Gently stir in your add-ins of choice with a spatula (we used frozen blueberries).
Flatten the dough into a large 1-inch thick circle in a baking dish or baking sheet.
Freeze dough for 5 - 10 minutes. Remove from the freezer and cut into 8 equal triangles with a pizza cutter or knife.
Bake at 400℉ for 15- 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Vegan Blueberry Collagen Boost Scones
- 1 cup of oat flour
- ¼ cup Copina Co. Original Beauty Plant-Based Collagen Boost Blend
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (needs to be thick)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ - ½ cup of coconut sugar
- Any add-ins you want
- First, preheat your oven to 400℉. If using a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or spray with nonstick.
- Mix together the dry ingredients. Add in coconut milk and stir until dough forms. We recommend using a food processor or electric hand mixer to combine the ingredients.
- Gently stir in your add-ins of choice with a spatula (we used frozen blueberries).
- Flatten the dough into a large 1-inch thick circle in a baking dish or baking sheet.
- Freeze dough for 5 - 10 minutes. Remove from the freezer and cut into 8 equal triangles with a pizza cutter or knife.
- Bake at 400℉ for 15- 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Cozy Drink to Sip Alongside Vegan Blueberry Collagen Boost Scones
Spiced Turmeric Beauty Latte: For a cozy anti-inflammatory drink
Caffeine-Free Beauty Beet Latte: A beauty-boosting and cozy alternative to your morning cup of joe
Beauty-Boosting Tahini Hot Cocoa: For when you want to chill out (literally)
Rose Water Matcha Latte: Fancy - but simple to make and a great combination when served with hot out the oven scones
Other Less Than 6 Ingredient Treats to Enjoy
Chocolate Peanut Butter Collagen Boost Ice Cream: A decadent, creamy, and sweet treat so delicious and indulgent (but healthy!)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sea Salt Beauty Bites: A vegan, gluten-free, and salty no-bake treat
Chocolate Beauty Popcorn: For when you’re in a pinch and need a perfect sweet and salty treat