Is there anything better than the smell of freshly baked banana bread wafting through your kitchen on a rainy afternoon? We don’t think so! Especially when that loaf of banana bread is vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and requires just a few pantry-friendly ingredients like this Vegan Collagen-Boost Banana Bread.
This Vegan Collagen-Boost Banana Bread is probably our favorite thing ever. It comes with added beauty-boosting plant botanical benefits thanks to a few scoops of our Original Plant-Based Collagen Boost Blend. The herbalist approved blend of tremella mushroom, bamboo extract, amla berry, and hyaluronic acid help to support your body’s natural collagen production to give your hair, skin, and nails a healthy boost.*
Our unflavored and unsweetened Original Plant-Based Collagen Boost Blend is the perfect addition to this Vegan Collagen-Boost Banana Bread. Collagen is one of our body's essential building blocks and helps to promote shiny hair, supple skin, and healthy joints. However, our bodies lose the ability to produce collagen as we age. That's where Copina Co. comes in. Our vegan collagen drink powders are edible skincare that help your body naturally produce more collagen without the use of animal products.
A few tips for making the best Vegan Collagen-Boost Banana Bread:
We buy our oats and oat flour in bulk from a local health food store, but if you have a high-powered blender you can just as easily make it at home! Just blend approximate 2 ½ cups of rolled oats in the blender until uniformly fine, flour consistency forms. Feel free to sift to remove any remaining oat clumps. Time saving tip: Make a big batch and save the rest for other baking projects!
Bananas that are super ripe and spotty make the best banana bread because of their soft texture and high natural sugar content. However, if you absolutely MUST have a loaf Vegan Collagen-Boost Banana Bread asap and there are no ripe bananas in sight, we’ve got good news for you.
Try this: Preheat the oven to 300F and place bananas (with the peel on!) on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake the bananas for 15-20 minutes until the peels turn dark brown (almost black) and the bananas become soft and fragrant. Remove from the oven, let cool, and voila! Ripe bananas in a flash.
This banana bread batter is pretty versatile. We’ve made it in a traditional loaf pan as this recipe calls for, but also in muffin tins, mini loaf pans, heck, even mini donut pans! You can bake this Vegan Collagen-Boost Banana Bread in pretty much anything. Just make sure to reduce the cooking time accordingly, we recommend about 18-20 minutes for muffins or mini donuts and 22-25 for mini loaf pans. Just check your banana bread about 5 minutes before the cooking time ends by inserting a toothpick or sharp knife into the center. If the banana bread is cooked, the knife should come out cleanly or with minimal crumbs.
Now this is where you can get creative. This Vegan Collagen-Boost Banana Bread is a blank canvas just begging for you to add some mix-ins, though we must say it’s delicious just on it’s own. However, adding in something crunchy like chopped walnuts, pecans, or sunflower seeds would be amazing. If sweet is more your vibe, you can’t go wrong with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or cacao nibs. If you’re feeling a little wild, add a dollop of vegan cream cheese or peanut butter to the batter and swirl with a knife before baking. If you’re more of a decorative baker, feel free to sprinkle extra mix-ins, rolled oats, or sliced banana on top of the loaf before baking. The sky’s the limit on this one!
Looking for more beauty-boosting recipes? Check out a few of our favorites!
Vegan Collagen-Boost Banana Bread
- 2 ¼ cup oat flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 scoops Copina Co. Original Plant-Based Collagen Boost Blend
- *Optional to add in chocolate chips or chopped walnuts
- 3 Medium Bananas (soft with lots of brown spots)
- ⅓ cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 tbsp ground flax seed with 6 tbsp water. Stir and set aside for 5-10 minutes. The mixture will become thicker and gelatinous.
- Add your dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk well or sift to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add bananas and mash well. Add remaining wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, using a spatula to combine and mix until no clumps or pockets of flour remain. Add in chocolate chips or nuts if desired.
- Grease a loaf pan with dairy-free butter or olive oil (or line with parchment paper). Pour batter in and smooth with spatula.
- Bake at 350F for 60-75 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick or knife inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out cleanly or with minimal crumbs.
- Store in a container at room temperature for up to one week, or freeze individual slices to enjoy later!