Add a little coziness to your mornings with our easy make-ahead Matcha Beauty Overnight Oats. They’re a simple and beauty-boosting breakfast you can prepare in advance for a hassle-free morning. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and makes a great addition to your weekly meal prep.
Oatmeal bowls are not just a winter thing. When prepared with fresh summer ingredients and energizing Matcha Beauty powder, you have a simple and refreshing ready-to-eat breakfast. It’s the perfect thing for busy mornings and is totally customizable to your liking with all your favorite toppings and add-ins.
What are overnight oats?
Rather than cooking down your oats on the stove-top, overnight oats require a no-cook method. That means you just mix together a few simple ingredients in a jar and place it in the fridge to rest overnight. One of the main ingredients of course besides the oats is your liquid of choice. Popular liquids include almond milk or coconut. Adding a liquid during this cold method just as you when cooking over stovetop allows the oats to soak up and hydrate into a comforting bowl of porridge without using any heat or spending any time cooking.
More about matcha green tea powder
Matcha has gotten a lot of attention over the last few years, and rightfully so. It's been used in traditional Japanese tea ceremonies for over 800 years, and its popularity is making its way around the world greatly due to all of the benefits it has.
Matcha is an antioxidant powerhouse made of finely ground whole leaf green tea. As opposed to soaking the leaves in water how you would normally prepare a green tea, by blending these leaves into a powder you're consuming all the nutrients at their most potent potential.
Antioxidants are naturally occurring chemicals in our bodies that help to fight diseases, prevent aging, and protect our cells from free radicals. Matcha is one of the most antioxidant-rich foods that exist having 14 times more antioxidants than blueberries, 6 times more than dark chocolate, and 12 times more antioxidants than regular green tea.*
Matcha is also packed with skin-boosting benefits. Its anti-inflammatory properties fight against redness that leads to acne and rosacea. * Matcha is also anti-aging and works to reduce signs of skin damage and wrinkles. *
This creamy and delicious powder is even catching the attention of die-hard coffee lovers. Matcha's naturally occurring caffeine provides a clean and sustained energy boost without the mid-day coffee crash making it the perfect morning drink or afternoon pick-me-up. Matcha is also rich in L-Theanine, an amino acid that works to promote a brain function, concentration, and sense of calmness without the nervous energy or jitters.*
What you need to make Matcha Overnight Oats
- Rolled oats: the key ingredient that gives this bowl a porridge-like feel
- Chia Seeds: for another added touch of antioxidants that are high in fiber, protein, and Omega-3 Fatty Acids that make the finished dish more creamy and luscious*
- Ground cinnamon: to boost the warm and comforting flavors in oatmeal
- Copina Co. Matcha Beauty Plant-based Collagen Boost Blend: for a beauty-boosting kick packed with skin-healthy benefits to promote skin hydration and collagen synthesis*
- Vanilla extract: a buttery and sweet flavor that pairs perfectly with the slight sweetness of the matcha beauty powder
- Vanilla protein powder (optional): optional, but if you are looking to add some extra protein to your morning routine this is a great recipe to toss some in with it still tasting delicious
- Oat milk: to absorb and help hydrate the rolled oats and chia seeds
How to make Matcha Overnight Oats
First, take the Matcha Beauty and combine with the hot water in a glass jar by vigorously stirring or using a hand frother. Add in the oat milk, vanilla extract, and protein powder to the mixture and stir vigorously to combine.
Next, add the rolled oats, chia seeds, and ground cinnamon, Stir to combine with the mixture, then seal the jar with a lid. Store overnight in the fridge or for at least 4 hours.
We recommend topping the oats once they are ready with fresh summer fruit like strawberries and bananas and some bee pollen too.
Serve cold, straight from the fridge for a light and refreshing spin on traditional oats and enjoy!
- 2 tsp Copina Co. Matcha Beauty plant-based collagen boost blend
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp vanilla or unflavored protein powder of your choice (optional)
- Take the Matcha Beauty and combine with the hot water in a glass jar by vigorously stirring or using a hand frother.
- Add the oat milk, vanilla extract, and protein powder to the mixture and stir vigorously to combine.
- Next, add the oats, chia, and cinnamon, Stir to combine with the mixture, then seal the jar with a lid.
- Store overnight in the fridge and enjoy! We recommend topping the oats with fresh strawberries, banana, and bee pollen in the morning.
More matcha recipes to add to your morning
Matcha Banana Pancakes
Matcha Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Iced Turmeric Matcha Latte
Iced Strawberry Matcha Latte
More beauty-boosting and comforting oatmeal recipes
Beauty Beet Oatmeal Bowl
Chocolate Baked Pear Oats
Easy Glowing Carrot Cake Oats
Loving these recipes and want to see more? Sign up for our newsletter to be the first to hear of new products, sales, and to see the recipes we're cooking up in our kitchen.
Follow us on Instagram and tag us @copinaco if you recreate these Matcha Beauty Overnight Oats or any of our other recipes!